Diamond and Diamond BC
B.C. Offices

Surrey Main Office

1104 – 13737 96 Ave, Surrey, BC V3V 0C6

Vancouver Head Office

1727 West Broadway, Suite 400


Sudbury Main Office

31 Larch Street, Unit 300

Oshawa Consultation Office

50 Richmond Street E, Unit # 108 B

Brampton Consultation Office

341 Parkhurst Square, Suite 5

Toronto Head Office

255 Consumers Road, 5th Floor

Ottawa Main Office

955 Green Valley Crescent, Unit 315

Oakville Office

2939 Portland Drive, Suite 200

London Main Office

256 Pall Mall St, Suite 102

Barrie Main Office

168 Bayfield Street

Windsor Main Office

13158 Tecumseh Rd. E. Unit 3B


Calgary Branch Office

600 Crowfoot Crescent NW #240

Calgary Branch Office

2713 14 St SW

Calgary Main Office

1331 Macleod Trail SE, Suite 420

Edmonton Head Office

4246 97 Street NW, Unit 100


BC Government Announces ICBC Changes

After years of financial hardship at ICBC, the BC NDP government announced on February 6, 2018, a series of changes to ICBC that may affect those injured in a car accident in BC.

These changes include a $5,500 cap on pain and suffering on minor injury awards and the introduction of a Civil Resolution Tribunal to assess minor injury claims.

The BC government also plans to increase the lifetime allowance of medical care and recovery costs for those catastrophically injured in a car accident from $150,000 to $300,000. This change will be made retroactive to January 1, 2018 and include changes to Temporary Total Disability Benefits and payments towards Homemaking Assistance.

If you’ve been injured in an ICBC motor vehicle accident, you may be unsure of how your rights have been affected by these changes to ICBC. These questions you have may include:

  1. When will this cap on minor injury claims come into effect?
  2. What if I have an ongoing ICBC injury claim?
  3. What is considered a minor injury claim?
  4. Who decides what is considered a minor injury claim?
  5. What is the Civil Resolution Tribunal?
  6. What if I or my doctors do not agree I have a minor injury?
  7. Do I have any rights to appeal to a judge BC Supreme Court?

If you have suffered injuries in a car accident and are unsure how the recently announced ICBC changes may impact you, the personal injury lawyers at Diamond and Diamond are ready to assist in explaining what impact these changes may have on you. Call Diamond and Diamond today at 1-800-567-HURT (4878) for a FREE CONSULTATION.


Filter by Category